Are you a struggling student needing more space? Take this simple test and find out. Can you identify the following piece of furniture? It serves as your study area, clothes hamper, dining table and then late at night, you clean off a space and go to sleep? If your answer was a bed, then you might need a little more space!
For students living in Sydney, Wollongong, Bathurst, Armidale, Toowoomba, Brisbane, Melbourne and other university towns across Australia, tiny spaces, one bedroom apartments and small budgets often mean a less than ideal environment for studies. However, with a few organizational additions and help from the professionals at Lindsay Wilson Concepts, you do not have to continue living in cramped discomfort.
Here are five simple, comfort enhancing and space-saving ideas you can implement today, even on a student budget.
1. Go for the Rack: Whether you are a guy or a girl, you probably have more shoes than you have space for in your college living area. Buy a shoe rack (or two) and stack your shoes neatly in the closet and get them out of your way. BONUS: Purchase one shoe rack for the floor and one to hang on the door. The one on the floor can probably handle the shoes and the one on the door can be utilized for hanging up belts or t-shirts or even jewelry.
2. Double-up: Purchasing double hangars is a great space-saving plan. Double hangars allow you to maximize the vertical space in your closet, hanging up two articles of clothing in the space of one!
3. Purchase some compact, yet comfortable furniture. Lindsay Wilson Concepts offers chairs and other furnishings that are functional and fun, comfortable and compact. They can also help you plan space maximizing comfort.
4. Fold, fold, fold: Buy a folding laundry hamper; it's there when you need it and not when you don't!
5. Go higher! Under bed storage can be a treasure or a trap. Don't just stuff your stuff under there -- organize! Purchase some lifts or risers for your bed and a few plastic or fabric bins and use the space to store your seasonal clothes and shoes, or other household items that you don't use every day.
Lindsay Wilson Concepts believe students need a creative, diverse, rich and supportive environment to excel at their studies. We are committed to providing this environment and being the leaders in student accommodation furniture, furnishings and fitout in Australia.